Fix NVIDIA Driver Install Failed Windows 10
Recently, a lot of gaming users reportedly have been experiencing the “NVIDIA Installer failed” error or “NVIDIA Installer can’t continue” after update to Windows. If you’re also having the NVIDIA graphics driver installation issue, take the following approaches to solve the matter.
Fix 1: Kill All NVIDIA Processes and Eliminate the Redundant Files
Step 1. Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” to start “Task Manager.” Select running NVIDIA applications and click on “End Process.”
Step 2. If the following files are found, remove them all.
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdsp.inf document
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh document
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvoclock document
- C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
Step 3. Restart your computer.
Fix 2: Close All Antivirus Software
It’s been demonstrated that some antivirus software might cause Nvidia driver install failed windows 10 error. If you install antivirus software, such as FortiClient, Comodo Antivirus, AVG Antivirus, you’d better shut the software before installing a new INVIDIA graphics driver.
Step-by-step to shut antivirus software on Windows 10, as below:
1. Start “Task Manager.”
2. Click “Processes” tab. Find all running processes of the anti virus software then shut all of them one-by-one.
3. Click on the procedure, then click “End Task” to finish the procedure.
4. Restart your Windows to make changes take effect.
Fix 3: Update the NVIDIA Graphics Driver
In some instances, if Windows prompts “NVIDIA Installer failed” error, the issue is probably due to incompatible NVIDIA graphics driver issue. Then definitely, you want to update your existing driver. You could either visit NVIDIA download page to manually download the driver, or get them through handy drivers download utility.
For manual download through NVIDIA official website, Pick the right Product Type, Product Series, Create Model and Operating System.
Regarding drivers download utility, it is advised to use Driver Talent, with over 1.5 million users up to now, which may smartly identify your NVIDIA graphics driver issue, and then download and install the best-matched version automatically on your PC.
Step 1. Learn your NVIDIA driver issue
- Launch Driver Talent. Click “Scan” to detect each of the drivers standing. Problematic drivers will be recorded.
Step 2. Update NVIDIA graphics driver
- One-click “Update” to keep your NVIDIA graphics driver up-to-date at the “Latest drivers” tab.
Step 3. Restart your computer
- Do not forget to restart your desktop or notebook to make all changes take effect.
Note: If you decide to manually download the NVIDIA graphics driver, please select “Custom,” and then check the box for “Perform a clean installation.”
Fix 4: Reinstall Windows 10 System
If all of the above-mentioned solutions don’t fix your “NVIDIA Installer failed” issue, you may attempt to reinstall your Windows 10 system. Don’t forget to backup your drivers before a system reinstallation. After update to Windows 10, you might encounter some additional Windows 10 slip-ups, like no Wi-Fi access, high CPU usage, reboot loop. If the four methods above can not fix your Windows 10 “NVIDIA Installer Failed” problem, please leave comments below for additional aid.